With the goal of promoting Gabriola Island as a healthy and vibrant community, The Gym at Twin Beaches and other like-minded friends formed the non-profit group, the Gabriola Athletic Movement Society (GAMS). It is with great pride and excitement that GAMS presents the second annual the formidable Brickyard Beast 10K.
This road race is not for the faint of heart, nor is it a race for those seeking their personal best. This is a hilly grind over relentless elevation and you’ll have only one goal in mind: GET TO THE FINISH. If that challenges you, then you’re in for a treat. The run is beautiful. The majority of the road leads you through lush west coast forest and parts boast spectacular ocean vistas. Gabriola Island has an abundance of wildlife so there’s a good chance you’ll spot deer, eagles and even sea lions along the way. And if that’s not enough, then there’s one more thing to entice you: Finish the run and earn yourself some serious bragging rights, especially among the locals. You’ll be known as a Beast Slayer.
- Walk it, run it, crawl it - just get up it!
- Prizes for winners, finishing medals for everyone crossing the finish line.
- Last day of online registration - July 31, midnight
- Register before July 18 - $35.00
- Register after July 18 - $40.00
- We cannot guarantee medals and t-shirts for anyone who registers after July 18.
- This is a non-profit event with proceeds going towards People for a Healthy Community, the social service agency and community resource centre on Gabriola Island.
|1||37:47||FLAATA, Benjamin||617||M||Senior Beastslayer|
|2||41:14||TAYLOR, William||652||M||Senior Beastslayer|
|3||42:08||REEVES, Simon||635||M||Master Beastslayer|
|4||42:59||SHURNIAK, Robert||639||M||Senior Beastslayer|
|5||44:25||DENHOLM, Stewart||610||M||Master Beastslayer|
View the full results list +